Monday, March 5, 2012

Looking for Hutberg and another couple of rides...



Sandra had told me about the Hutberg climb, in Kamenz, and was looking forward to take me there. What she didn't tell me was that to get to it, I was going to experience one of the best rides of my life.

A mostly flat ride, my second in Europe (ever) and I am talking best rides... Well, it was!

Saturday: Senftenberg-Kamenz-Senftenberg





A few cobbles, including a short and steep section before we got to Hutberg.

Time: 3h 34min
Dist: 87.4 km
Elev: 586 m
Temp: 9° C
(under-shirt, jersey, jacket, bib tights, gloves x2, beanie and over-shoes)


Sunday: Senftenberg-Groß Lübbenau-Senftenberg











Guided by Mario, from the Lauta bikeshop, we rode through an amazing web of bikeways, sighting fields with wind-turbines and artificial lakes. Nice little stop in a traditional coffee-cake shop. It is getting dangerous...

Time: 4h 45min
Dist: 113 km
Elev: 438 m
Temp: 8° C
(under-shirt, jersey; arm warmers, jacket, bib tights, gloves x2, balaclava and over-shoes)


Monday: Hörlitzer Str, Senftenberg











Repeats on 1.5 km road, mostly on a cobbled strip in between lanes. Good fun but tiring after 10 of them. Bike behave very well but I felt sorry for it...

Time: 59min
Dist: 21.8 km
Elev: 8 m
Temp: 9° C
(under-shirt, jersey; arm warmers, jacket, bib tights, gloves x2, beanie and over-shoes)


And the new Campag-equipped bike...





... which is just a bike in a town of bikes.


No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory